Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just when I thought life couldn't get any crazier, I now have a six year old. My baby just turned six last week, which just seems a bit crazy to me, I swear it feels like I just had her! I'm sure everyone says that, but each year on her birthday I like to look back, just for a second, and realize all that we've been through and how far we've come. This year absolutely amazed me!
Six years ago I wasn't even legal to vote yet. I was just about to turn 18 and, to be perfectly honest, I had no idea what to do in life. I was living on a farm north of Manson, had a newborn at home, little to no family around, and the friends I still had lived hundreds of miles away. I was still happy, mainly clueless, but happy that I had my daughter to look forward to. I wasn't working at this time and had just finished getting my high school finished up before she was born.  I lived with a boyfriend that ensured things would be alright, even through the bad times and fighting, as long as we stayed together. To sum all of this up (now looking back) I was simply nieve.
So, after all that sappy story, I will speed things up. Over the past six years things have changed so much that I don't even think I would know that same girl. This year I finsished my AA degree and immiediatly started on classes for my BA, which I will finish December 2013 (hopefully lol). I have owned my own home for over 4yrs now and fought every moment for that. I have worked at H&R Block almost 5yrs now, 3 of those years I've been preparing taxes. I have been single for about 4yrs now, but being a single mother was my choice, and a great choice at that. I have turned into a bit of a stubborn person, but I think that's needed for basic survival, right?
My beautiful daughter is about to start first grade in less than a month and growing like a weed. She is growing up to be a very sassy, yet independent girl, and for that I am very thankful. She likes being self sufficient, but still enjoys cuddling with her mom... thank goodness! :-) She looks so much like me that it's kind of scary, mainly because I don't want her to grow up the same way I did, but I already have made sure I've done as much as I can to ensure that.
So beyond the sappy stories, my main point is that its just crazy to believe so much can change in as little time as 6 years. Did I plan any of this to happen? Most certainly not, however it has helped me grow up and learn that I do indeed have a backbone and if you want something to change then you make it change! Hopefully that is the one thing I can teach her, that way she can be a success much quicker and without having to go through all the b.s. I went through to figure out where I needed to be. Now let's see how much better it can get! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment