Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 is here!

This may be a bit backwards, but ill do my new year update before a wrap up of 2011, just for the simple fact this will be quicker. Lol
Now before reading this, remember that I am a 23yr old, try to rememeber that while reading. ;-)
Last night, New Years Eve, I decided to stay home, sleep, and pretty much treat it as any other night I didn't have my child. Is there a method behind my madness? Of course! The past couple years haven't been the greatest, to say the least, and I had spent those NYE's getting completly wasted & spent the rest of the year hearing stories of what I did during my drunken stupor. So, to make this quick, I was desperately looking for a change, and that was what I came up with... wish me luck with this hypothesis. :-)
So after I got home from certification exams & dropping off my daughter, I simply took a bath, got into the sexiest pj's possible (and by sexy I mean not at all!) Then headed to bed. The last message I sent out was before 8pm, so I slept from about 8pm-9am! It was fantastic!
Now I did not spend NYE alone, my old lazy puppy Zoey slept right through with me.  Apparently we were both exhausted!  My new years kiss was at 10am from my wonderful daughter Faith, when I picked her up. :-)
Many people didn't understand my strategy, but those who know my life well enough completly understood. And yes, I have analyze and probably over analyzed my decision before hand. What were the downfalls? Well first of all me missing out on time with possible friends/acquaintances (my bestirs were all out of town), 2nd I missed out on a tradition, 3rd spending a holiday such as this alone could result in more self independence (Dr phil's holiday precautions). More independence ... who says that's an issue?! Really?? Lol
On the perk side,  I started 2012 fully rested, no hangover, no cyote ugly (not saying everyone had that this morning, but its possible for some), and I woke up knowing I was single, which isn't a bad thing, it helps me remember what I can achieve this year, for one graduation! 
Today I have deep cleaned the house, successfully made my first ham and a homemade apple pie that was even edible! This so far shows major success in the year!
Would I recommend this strategy to everyone? No, I suppose it depends the person and/or stage of life they're in (like I said remember I'm 23). For me, it was a great thing! I caught up on sleep, was refreshed to take on 2012, and I didn't have any false hopes to believe in; I'm single (I say it positively) and sometimes its just nice to remember who & what you have in your life that's important.  I have this fully now.
I never make resolutions anymore, but my only wish) is to be happy in 2012!  I feel bad for 2012, it won't even know what hit it! I'm rested & ready to make 2012 amazing!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment