Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

What blogging is all about

So, after over 6 months into this whole blogging idea, I think I've finally figured out what its all about! I have over a thousand friends on fb, some friends, some family, some clients, some just acquaintances ; this leaves me hesitant at times on what I can/cannot post/share on there as it may give a bad impression of me on whatever level. So, this ends up being a time blogging comes in handy as I can share whatever I want with a minimal (if any) audience that will see it.
Another part of blogging is the "Online diary" per say. Instead of the small notebook style diary that we had when we were a tween,  we now get a site of our own to vent. Now, I for one will not include every detail about my life as I have yet to use certain names or much about feelings/emotions/etc.
This brings me to my third part of my definition of blogging, a way to vent. Instead of calling your close friends to vent about your day, significant other, job, etc you can blog. This prevents your friends from having to hear your story and attempting to seem empathetic. Then you're not only making yourself feel better, you also are avoiding an awkward situation and/or extending the friendship life.
Now, as always there is fine print to this. Certain situations shouldn't always be put on the internet for multiple reasons, but the main one I've learned is that once its put Online, its hard to get it off. So, if your blog is even the slightest chance public domain, don't share something that you wouldn't want anyone else to read. There should also be a limit on certain stories, emotions, etc as these can frame your life to a strange reader that has never met you. Examples of thus could be too many stories of crazed nights, emotional disasters, or even multiple stories bragging yourself up; these can lead to people thinking that you may have whorish behaviors, an emotional disorder (aka crazy!!) Or that you're beyond self consumed.
I try to monitor my blogging, but sometimes its just nice to vent even if I have to do it in code so no one can pick up on who/what I'm truly talking about. ;-)
So there is my Epiphany for the time! This has been an interesting experience to learn, but my main goal/confusion when I started this was "what the heck is blogging about??" So now I have my answer, at least for now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment